CHILDREN & CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRES
A Child Development Centre (CDC) typically serves 75-100 children. The Child Development program offered is designed to meet the children's physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs but also to impact their families.
The children receive:
• Regular school classes or after school tutoring and help with homework - to develop academic and mental skills
• Regular physical exercise, health check-ups, and hygiene awareness teaching
• Nutritious meal or nutritious snacks
• Cultural and social activities
• Love and care of Christian mentors who teach them about loving God and teach bible stories, songs and drama
Mothers attend awareness trainings and receive seeds and training to plant home vegetable gardens and / or raise livestock. Women are encouraged to form into self-help groups with savings and loans programs which enable them to start small businesses.